A conversation with Alex



So here's another one of Alex's enlightening conversations. It was the day after we'd been to Busch Gardens, and we'd gotten up and gone to church and brunch that morning, so it had been a very lazy afternoon, with everyone napping to catch up on our sleep. We were all a little tired and lazy, and I really wasn't in the mood to cook a lot, or have the boys be fussy about what I cooked, so it was pretty much let everyone eat whatever they want, as long as it's leftovers, or something very easy. Alex is a little grouchy, and it goes like this:

Mommy: What to do want for supper?

Alex (grouchy): I don't want supper.

Mommy: Are you not hungry?

Alex (whiny): Yes, I am hungry!

Mommy: OK, so what to do want to eat?

Alex (whiny): I don't know.

Mommy: Do you want chicken?

Alex (huffy): I want breakfast.

Mommy: Well, that's OK Do you want eggs and sausage?

Alex (grouchy): No!

Mommy: Well, what do you want?

Alex (whiny): I want nuffin.

Mommy: Come on, Alex, tell me what you want...I'm easy tonight. You want waffles?

Alex (whiny): I don't want waffles!

Mommy: OK, you don't have to eat waffles. Just tell me what you want.

Alex (huffy): I want lunch!

Mommy: All right, how about a sandwich, a ham sandwich, and some fruit?

Alex (huffy): No, no samich!

Mommy: Alex, what do you want then, son?

Alex (huffy): I want nuffin!

Mommy: Nuffin?

Alex (grouchy): Yes, I want nuffin!

Mommy: OK, well, let's fry up a great big bowl of nuffin.

Mommy and Daddy get out a big frying pan and pretend to be cooking up a big bunch of nuffin.

Mommy: OK, here it is, Alex, your bowl of nuffin.

Alex: Aaaaahhhhh, I don't want nuffin.

Mommy: Well, remember, you just said you want nuffin. So we fixed you nuffin. Now you don't want nuffin?

Alex: No, I don't want nuffin. I want sumpin.

Mommy: What's sumpin?

Alex: I don't know.

Mommy: Well, what do you want. Just name it and I'll fix it.

Alex: I want dinner!

Mommy: Well, what do you want for dinner....we'll fix whatever you want.

Alex: I don't know what I want.

Mommy: Alex, you have to eat something. Do you want cereal, do you want waffles, do you want a sandwich, do you want pizza, what to you want?

Alex (screeching): MOMMY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT, BUT I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!

Mommy (wisely): Such is life, Alex, trust me, such is life.

Comments

Unknown said…
ROFL!!! he is way to funny!!! you sure have a handful there! LOL

but that plate you had displayed there sure looked awfully good!

Safe hugz,
Dee
A Mom's Journey
Nancy said…
LOL!!! Only a mother can understand...
Unknown said…
Hello Jam!

You have been selected by THE MOM'S JOURNEY to recieve the LOVELY BLOG AWARD.

Come by my blog to recieve your award ...& don't forget to share it with your favorite bloggers!

Safe hugz,
Dee
A Mom's Journey

Popular posts from this blog

New arrival!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Episode 1: Personal Drawers